Administrative Professional | Brokerage | Houston
Position Location: Houston
Reports to: President | Houston
The Administrative Professional – Brokerage supports the organization’s mission and vision by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, respect, positive attitude, commitment, accountability, and ownership.
- Provide general clerical and administrative assistance to a team of commercial real estate brokers
- Act as a project coordinator as it relates to real estate client tours, to include but not limited to:
- Requesting supportive materials from internal departments
- Creating presentation books Conducting market research
- Pulling property ownerships
- Attention to detail is required
- Facilitate client meetings and coordinate client and or internal conference calls, in person, via Zoom, etc. Some minimal IT-related awareness is required.
- Manage the calendars
- Research market surveys and properties using CoStar, Loopnet, and miscellaneous internet searches to assist in business development projects
- Facilitate the creation of property flyers, working with internal departments to market the company’s shopping center and land listings
- Assist with property marketing by gathering information for mailers, e-flyer schedules, and broker newsletters
- Prepare and send correspondence (letters, memos, emails) on behalf of the broker to clients and associates.
- Prepare documents, including Letters of Intent, mass client emails, Leases, Proposals, Commission, and Listing Agreements .
- Client deal tracking and management.
- General office duties include fielding prospect calls, scanning, faxing, copying, filing documents, mail distribution, and basic troubleshooting of office and brokerage equipment (copiers, smartphones, computers) before submitting tickets to IT.
- Prepare and receive UPS/FedEx packages for brokers.
- Provide backup phone and reception support to the front desk.
- Other administrative duties as assigned based on the current workload of the department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and with minimal direction and training. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The candidate must be comfortable multi-tasking and eager to take on more projects. They must be proactive in all aspects of the job and have meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
Education | Experience | Skills:
- Degree preferred but not required.
- 2-3 years of experience in commercial real estate is preferred but not required. However, it is required that the candidate have a confident ability and awareness of how to prepare documents, including punctuation, formatting, etiquette, etc.
- Proficiency in internet search engines, Google Earth, Google maps, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook as required. Experience with PowerPoint and Adobe Creative suites is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of drafting contracts is required.
- Experience in sourcing Real Estate ownership entities is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize projects with a strong ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and works well in a team environment or independently.
- Customer service oriented with a “can do” approach to work and a persevering spirit.