The Retail Connection, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a full-service commercial real estate services firm with an exclusive focus on retail and retailers. The property management position is a full-time in our Dallas, Texas office.
- Implement the approved strategic plan for the property. Has primary responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the property to ensure that all site operations are in compliance with established policies and procedures, the management agreement, and are consistent with the client’s overall objectives.
- Conduct formal site inspections weekly in compliance with established standard operating policies and procedures.
- Monitor and enforce the terms of all lease agreements, the billing, and collection of rents and other tenant charges in compliance with leases.
- Answer tenant maintenance calls and emails, review the lease for responsibility, and communicate to the tenant.
- Retain and increase the value of our managed assets through tenant retention and relations.
- Provide accurate property level financial reporting, budgets, and account reconciliations.
- Negotiate service agreements, help select contractors/suppliers, and be the liaison between tenants and third-party providers.
- Contracts and oversee the work of vendors/contractors.
- Prepare lease abstracts and other documents for tenant files.
- Monitor delinquencies and contact tenants for collection.
- Acts as primary contact with property owners to ensure that objectives as being met.
- Manage and grow our relationships with our clients, tenants, vendors, and team.
- Utilize the tools available to effectively execute the responsibilities of the Property Manager and help those on the team to do the same.
Education | Experience | Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years of real estate property management or related experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and basic understanding of computer software programs.
- MRI and Yardi experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting processes including accounts payable and receivable, commercial financial reporting, budgeting, and reconciliation processes; as well as commercial lease agreements to ensure owner and tenant adherence to lease terms.
- Demonstrated initiative and reflect a sense of urgency in daily duties by meeting or improving upon deadlines.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service to effectively communicate with tenants, owners, vendors, and coworkers.
- Ability to produce accurate documents with minimal supervision.
- The qualified candidate will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, be extremely professional with a positive attitude, and customer service oriented.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on individually-assigned tasks.
- Superior time-management, attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills are essential.
- Ability to assess property and client needs and provide recommendations/solutions and desire to build and improve processes and relationships.
Salary is commensurate with experience.