Property Accountant | San Antonio
The Retail Connection is actively seeking someone to work in our San Antonio office.
Position Location: San Antonio
The key responsibilities of the Property Accountant include but are not limited to:
- Manage the monthly closing process and prepare monthly financial statements
- Bank reconciliations and monthly balance sheet reconciliations for property-level financials
- Property Accounting for company-owned or third-party managed retail shopping centers
- Review weekly A/P check run processing at the property level.
- Lease administration review; process billing adjustments; review new leases and/or lease amendments
- Process and invoice monthly management fees for all properties.
- Coordinate and communicate with the property management team to ensure accuracy
- Work with Accounting Associates to review tenant cash receipts and apply prepaid rent
- Direct and coordinate monthly processes with various team members
- Analyze major expense categories actual to budget and report on variances
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts and ensure accuracy and backup support
- Compile monthly reporting packages for distribution.
- Review accounting policy and procedures and monitor compliance
- Assist with year-end property audit documentation and compilation
- Special projects as assigned
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree in accounting. CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Strong understanding of the accounting process for an entity in MRI or Yardi
- Two to five years of accounting experience
- Experience in the real estate industry required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, customer service focus, and a team player approach
- Good property accounting software aptitude with experience in MRI preferred, Yardi a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and work with all levels of management and staff
- In team-oriented environment, the ability to be flexible and adapt is important