The Retail Connection is seeking a candidate for the position of GIS Analyst in its Research department. The potential candidate would report to the Director of Research, and would be responsible for the assistance in/creation of various tasks and projects such as (but not limited to) demographic and spatial analyses, custom mapping, aerial photography analysis, creation and maintenance of retailer/competitor datasets, geocoding, market research, and trade area studies.
An ideal candidate for GIS Analyst will have attained a Bachelor’s degree in Geography or Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and/or accredited certification in GIS, as well as at least one year of related experience in the fields of commercial real estate research, marketing, or retail site selection.
Candidates without a degree or certification will be considered if he or she has at least two years of experience in the above disciplines.
The candidate’s necessary and desired skills will include the following:
- Working knowledge of, and experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS); preferably MapInfo products. Experience/knowledge of other GIS platforms is also considerable.
- Working knowledge of demographics and demographic reporting.
- Experience with databases, such as maintaining, structuring, joining and relating various datasets within.
- Experience and knowledge of graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Strong work-ethic and demonstrated ability to perform multiple tasks at once.
- Strong communication skills with many types of people, and a strong ability to adapt with rapidly changing environments and situations.