Graphic GIS Analyst
Position Location: Dallas
Reports to: Director of Research
The Retail Connection is seeking a candidate for the position of Graphic GIS Analyst in its Research department. The potential candidate would report to the Director of Research and would be responsible for the assistance in/creation of various tasks and projects such as (but not limited to) custom mapping, aerial photography analysis, creation and maintenance of retailer/competitor datasets, geocoding, market research, and trade area studies.
- Under the direction of the Director of Research, plan, analyze, and create visual solutions for all communications materials, both internal and external.
- Effectively communicate digitally, visually, and functionally the company’s services in all areas: tenant rep, project leasing, national advisory, investment, acquisition, disposition, merchant banking, project management, and construction management.
- Build high-quality and sophisticated business presentations.
- Work well in a team environment; take the initiative; be collaborative; open and timely communication.
- Display a proactive and professional attitude at all times.
- Gather relevant information by meeting with brokers, C-Suite executives, and other team members.
- Identify best approach to requested projects.
- Identify best practices as appropriate.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas.
- Meet the constraints of cost and time.
- Multi-task: work on more than one design project at a time.
- Produce accurate and high-quality work.
- Stay current on all relevant applications and software changes or updates.
Education | Experience | Skills
- Sufficient years of experience as a full-time Graphic and/or GIS Analyst in a professional work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design and/or Geographic Information Systems (GIS), or experience and certifications commensurate to level of experience required.
- At least one year of related experience in the fields of commercial real estate research, marketing, or retail site selection.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Geographical Information Systems (GIS); preferably MapInfo products. Experience/knowledge of other GIS platforms is also considerable.
- Working knowledge of demographics and demographic reporting.
- Experience and knowledge of graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop.
- Must have an eye for detail and a sense of style and current trends.