Assistant Property Manager | Fort Worth
The Retail Connection, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is a full-service commercial real estate services firm with an exclusive focus on retail and retailers. The Assistant Property Manager position is for our Fort Worth office.
Position Location: Fort Worth
The Assistant Property Manager performs a broad range of administrative duties. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following, but other duties may be assigned:
- Provides all administrative support to property managers in the daily operations of managing Stockyards District tenants.
- Prepare property invoices in Nexus for the manager’s approval.
- Track monthly utility services for trends and ensure that all bills are sent and paid promptly.
- Prepare all vendors set up requirements for the manager’s approval and keep all service contracts updated.
- Track and maintain Certificate of Insurance compliance for both tenants and vendors.
- Draft, proofread, and send correspondence and tenant notices.
- Maintain tenant leasing files and vendor files.
- Prepare billing adjustments, re-classes, and other accounting-related information as directed by the property manager.
- Send monthly rent statements when needed.
- Monitor delinquencies and contact tenants for collection.
- Track and collect tenant gross sales and input them into a spreadsheet.
- Prepare portions of monthly financial statements, reports, and annual budgets.
- Provide assistance in the reconciliation process at the end of the year.
- Assist in new property takeover and disposition procedures.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures, including, but not limited to, ordering supplies and equipment when needed.
- Flexible and willing to perform other tasks assigned by managers and adapt quickly as new circumstances arise.
- Rotating property oversight on weekends is required.
Education | Experience | Skills
- Bachelor Degree.
- Minimum of 1+ years of real estate property management or related experience.
- Understanding of lease terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Basic understanding of computer software programs.
- MRI, Nexus, and Yardi experience a plus.
- Demonstrated initiative and reflect a sense of urgency in daily duties by meeting or improving upon deadlines.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prompt and consistent attendance as required by the job.
- The qualified candidate will be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, be extremely professional with a positive attitude, and be customer service oriented.
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work effectively as part of a team or on individually-assigned tasks.
- Superior time management, attention to detail, organization, and prioritization skills are essential.