Administrative Professional | Brokerage | Houston
Position Location: Houston
Reports to: President | Houston
The Administrative Professional – Brokerage supports the organization’s mission and vision by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, teamwork, respect, positive attitude, commitment, accountability, and ownership.
- Provide administrative assistance to a team of brokers and the President.
- Schedule tours, meetings, and conference calls.
- Create presentation books for broker review/revision.
- Manage the calendars of senior brokers and President.
- Manage expenses for President and other brokers as needed.
- Research market surveys and properties using CoStar, Loopnet, and miscellaneous internet searches depending on the property to obtain relevant information.
- Assist in business development projects.
- Interact with the Research department and Marketing as needed for projects.
- Create flyers and aerials from templates provided by the Marketing department.
- Assist with property marketing by gathering information for mailers, e-flyer schedules, and broker newsletters.
- Prepare and send correspondence (letters, memos, emails) on behalf of the broker to clients and associates.
- Prepare documents, including Offering Memorandums, LOIs, Proposals, and Agreements (lease, purchase, and listing).
- Generate listing activity reports in Excel for review with broker and client (Deal Tracking).
- Prepare and track invoices for brokerage commissions.
- General office duties include scanning, faxing, copying, filing documents, mail distribution, field calls for brokers, basic troubleshooting of office and brokerage equipment (copiers, smartphones, computers) before submitting tickets to IT, and maintaining office equipment.
- Schedule travel reservations as needed.
- New employee onboarding and training.
- Prepare and receive UPS/FedEx packages for brokers and President.
- Provide backup phone and reception support to the front desk.
- Other administrative duties as assigned based on the current workload of the department.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The candidate must be comfortable multi-tasking and eager to take on more projects. They must be proactive in all aspects of the job and have meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Degree preferred but not required.
- 2-3 years of experience in commercial real estate is required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, internet search engines, Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; Adobe Creative Suites a plus but not required.
- Basic knowledge of drafting contracts is required.
- Sourcing Real Estate ownership entities.
- Excellent communication skills – the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize projects and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and works well in a team environment.
- Customer service oriented with a “can do” approach to work.